Skip to main content

Flooded walkway in Kerinchi (Bangsar South)

When it rains, I prefer to walk home from the train station as there is no poisonous hot sun and heat to kill me. So when it was stormy and raining dogs and cats this afternoon, I thought I'd take the train then have a cool walk up the hill.



The moment I arrived at the walkway leading up the hill, all I could see was a muddy river (or more like a waterfall) rushing down towards me. There are drain holes along the walkway and some of the grill covers are missing or half broken, and there is no way one can walk up there safely in this condition. So I had to walk outside the walkway i.e. on the main road.

When I finally walked up to one spot where the steps were not covered in angry muddy water, I went back on the walkway and found where the river started:


What looks like a boiling evil spring (pictured above) is actually one of the drain holes. this must have been caused by a bad clog underneath that has forced the rain water out from the drain hole. On a stormy day like this in Malaysia, this is how much water you'd get in perhaps under an hour.



What happens is, this walkway has been utilised as a hawker street. There will be little food stalls along the walkway, providing takeaway as well as hot food to the locals. The problem is, I have seen these hawkers pouring anything and everything into the drain holes: hot oil, leftover food, etc. Making a living by selling affordable food is not a bad thing, but having no conscience about the environment is just worrying.

I live way up the hill so this muddy water is not going to affect me, but there are people living downhill. This is not the first time it's happened, but I can't understand why the problem is still left unattended. I sure hope that the new Bangsar South developers are going to do something as this is what's leading up to their posh and swanky township. But then their future residents would be driving or chauffeured in big shiny cars so the walkway is probably not a problem to them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sit Back, Relax, And Please Put Your Feet On the Seat

I absolutely hate buses with those facing seats: they are narrow, you get dizzy when you're facing the back of the bus, not to mention that you also have to be staring at other passengers doing the same thing to you; what's worse, THIS:   This person here thinks he owns the bus and had his feet up the whole journey! I was tempted to tell him off but would I dare risk my life dealing with someone this rude and inconsiderate so openly? No, I won't - especially when this is a Seri Kembangan bus route in Malaysia. No offense to the residents there, my family lives there too so trust me - I KNOW. And yes I'm just a coward who only knows how to take a picture and rant about it online, and wished that the bus driver could've done something about it. But then again, this is Malaysia, and this was a Rapid KL bus No.540. You get what I mean, if you're one of the locals.  Such a disgrace to the local people!

Change Of Driving Direction On Just 1 Road In Petaling Jaya - Left To Right, Then Back To Left Within A Month!

Just when I'm about getting used to this 1 road in Petaling Jaya being changed to right side driving last month, walking across this road this morning, it has just been changed back to left side driving!!! Picture taken on 3 Feb 2018 Picture taken this morning Not that I would complain about it being reverted back to normal, but is this really a matter can be taken so lightly that some "authority" can just decide to change twice in such a short period of time? What exactly is the standard of healthy & safety of this country? Or should I just be thankful that no one got killed because of that? Mind you, that's only my hopeful assumption.

Bring Your Own Bag Day in Singapore!

A few days after the routine-disturbing, too-much-to-handle-for-Singaporeans, Bring Your Own Bag Day; I went to do my shopping again, and as usual I had to shout 3 times at the cashier so I can use my own shopping bag. And guess what she said to me: 'But today is not "Bring Your Own Bag Day".' I was speechless.